From Arlington’s Community Planning, Housing and Development Office:
* * *
REMINDER: CITIZEN FOCUS GROUP DISCUSSION ON PROPOSED SIGN REGULATIONS IS SCHEDULED FOR THURSDAY, OCTOBER 27
As you may be aware, staff is undertaking a project to comprehensively update the sign regulations in the Arlington County Zoning Ordinance. Staff is inviting targeted focus groups to share thoughts on sign regulations in the draft ordinance.
We are convening a focus group for Arlington County citizens from 7:00-9:00 pm on October 27, 2011 in Multipurpose Rooms B & C at the Walter Reed Community Center at 2909 16th Street South. Through this discussion we are asking for your feedback on the draft of the proposed ordinance, which is posted at: http://www.arlingtonva.us/departments/CPHD/planning/studies/pdf/file83490.pdf .
Following each focus group discussion, a summary of the comments received will be posted on the project web site: http://www.arlingtonva.us/departments/CPHD/planning/studies/SignRegUpdate.aspx .
The following provides the anticipated schedule for public review and consideration of a revised Ordinance by the Planning Commission and County Board, expected to be completed by early 2012.
• November 19: County Board meeting – Request to Advertise (selected topics – umbrellas, sidewalk signs, coordinated parking garage signs )
• November 28: Planning commission meeting consideration of selected topics (see above)
• December 10: County Board meeting consideration of selected topics (see above)
• June 2012: County Board meeting — Request to Advertise (full sign ordinance)
• July 2012: Planning Commission and County Board consideration of the full sign ordinance
If you plan to attend and have not yet RSVP’d , please RSVP by reply to this email: