Effective Dec. 19, Route 16F will be extended to Federal Triangle via the 13A1B 14th Street Bridge routing. AM service to Federal Triangle will operate via the current route between Culmore and the Pentagon Transit Center bus bay U11, then via Eads Street southbound, left 1-395 HOV Lane, cross Rochambeau (14th Street) Bridge, continue 14th Street, right Independence Avenue, left 7th Street, right Constitution Avenue, left 6th Street, left Pennsylvania Avenue, right 11th Street to terminal stand at E Street. In the PM, buses to Culmore will leave 11th Street, right E Street, right 10th Street, left Pennsylvania Avenue, right 7th Street, right Independence Avenue, left 14th Street, cross Rochambeau (14th Street) Bridge, right Eads Street to Pentagon Transit Center bus bay U11, then continue present route to Culmore.
Route 16F between Federal Triangle and Culmore will operate every 10 to 20 minutes during weekday peak hours. Additional trips between the Pentagon and Federal Triangle will be scheduled to match the current span of Route 13 service via 14th Street Bridge, mostly from downtown to the Pentagon in the AM peak and from the Pentagon to downtown in the PM peak. On designated holidays and special service days, Route 16F will operate four AM eastbound and six PM westbound trips every 20 minutes.
Boarding and alighting will be permitted only at the following stops on Route 16F:
1. All stops in D.C.
2. Pentagon Transit Center
3. Navy Annex
4. Columbia Pike &Courthouse Road
5. Columbia Pike &Walter Reed Drive
6. Columbia Pike & Glebe Road
7. Columbia Pike & George Mason Drive
8. Columbia Pike & Four Mile Run Drive (eastbound)/ Columbia Pike & Buchanan Street (westbound)
9. Columbia Pike &Columbus Street (eastbound)/ Columbia Pike &Dinwiddie Street (westbound)
10. Columbia Pike &Greenbrier Street
11. Columbia Pike & Carlin Springs Rd.
12. All stops between Leesburg Pike & Payne St. (Baileys Crossroads Shopping Center) and Culmore
(Note that the restriction is revised in the vicinity of Baileys Crossroads to skip three additional stops on Columbia Pike between Carlin Springs Road and Leesburg Pike.)